Default Re: Satan's Club The Red Devils

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware Red View Post

A thread about United?

And we say they only sing about us?

F*ck United..............

And lock this thread.
    100% Agree.
    Lock this thread and even delete it.
    "Where are you from?", "I'm a Liverpool fan from London", "Well laddie...what's it like to be in heaven?" - Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Red View Post
    100% Agree.
    Lock this thread and even delete it.
    I obviously concur with the sentiment, fellas, as I stated up front in the thread. But as much as I'd love to remove any trace of this thread, I can't do a Palin on it....
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Just to irritate Scouse Paul, I'll refresh this thread.

C'mon West Brom!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Just to irritate Scouse Paul, I'll refresh this thread.

C'mon West Brom!
    I hate Man U and Rob Styles. That sh*t did his best to give United an extra point by boosting their goal difference, sending Robinson off for nothing more than a tackle.

Oh well, that's what I get...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

I understand the dislike of this thread in some quarters, but I tend to think that if we have a thread for Everton, for Chelski, for Arsenal, for Spurs, for even the Magpies....... then to deliberately have NO thread for the mancs ACTUALLY LOOKS as if we are uptight and obcessed, rather than the reverse.

So I would say keep it, there needs to be somewhere where we can post stuff that relates to them. As I say, a total ignoring of all things manc would look just paranoid and hysterically fearful. Just treat the f**kers the same as any other club.

So it might be an opportune time to raise the issue of "The Quad", which the local mancs are now all breathlessly talking about.

Apparently there is a growing belief in certain mancy quarters that the Devil's Own can win ALL FOUR TROPHIES this season.

Top of the League, in the Final of the League Cup, in the last sixteen of the Champion's League, and through to the fifth round of the FA Cup (with their usual easy draw!), the glory-hunters are questioning who can possibly stop them winning the lot this season?

If their Treble was an unlikely (and sickening) achievement, then one would have to say that the odds against them pulling this off must be massive. One would think that somewhere they MUST come unstuck? As in the match against Portsmouth in the FA Cup last season, when they should have won about 15-1, and totally failed to put any of their chances away. But bear in mind, but for that result, they probably would have done the Treble again last season.

Indeed, though I hate to admit it, I think the current United team, with Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbertov up front, are a much more dangerous and threatening side than the 1998-99 team was.

Of course, the optimists will shout that we can also win the Treble this year!

But why is it you always imagine the Baddies and Villians are more likely than the Good Guys?
    1977*1978*1981*1984*2005* "We'll remember, with advantages, what feats we did those days!" Henry V

Not a chance they'll make it past your sweetie's team in the Champions League! (And if they do, even more reason I don't want you-know-who here). Let them talk quad all they like.

They are certainly on fire right now but I do have to think they'll hit a bump sometime soon. League Cup is probably a given, FA Cup - who the hell can say now with 4 rounds still to play?, CL doubtful, league looking good but I know I've got my voodoo dolls at the ready.

Fwiw, I think that United will probably beat Inter over two legs, but Barca are currently unstoppable. The best chance of stopping United winning everything is Messi, Henry, Etoío, Alves and co teaching them a lesson at the Nou Camp. Iím just hoping thatís where the draw takes them. The alternative is too awful to contemplate.

Spike, as for whether this United team are better than 1999, Iím not sure they are. The forward line is certainly better, but I donít think the midfield is anywhere close.

"Well, so what, What's wrong with being sexy? I mean, there's nothing wrong with that". Nigel Tufnel

Quote Originally Posted by suspiria View Post
    Fwiw, I think that United will probably beat Inter over two legs, but Barca are currently unstoppable. The best chance of stopping United winning everything is Messi, Henry, Etoío, Alves and co teaching them a lesson at the Nou Camp. Iím just hoping thatís where the draw takes them. The alternative is too awful to contemplate.

Spike, as for whether this United team are better than 1999, Iím not sure they are. The forward line is certainly better, but I donít think the midfield is anywhere close.
    I've seen a bit of Barca recently and Messi is just unplayable. I just hope Inter do them over first. I'm not sure Jose has the firepower to breakdown United but Vidic is missing from the first leg, which from memory is in Milan so that must be where they take their chances, and a lead to Old Trafford, where I expect an Italian style park the bus and........well basically cheat, do whatever it takes to keep United out!!! (Please)

Believe me, in Rochdale it's not a subtle hint of the quad, but a proclamation along with the reminder that in doing so they become the most succesful domestic team in England...............

Vidic suspended for the tie at the San Siro.

Though I think I'd have preferred him missing the tie at OT. Ibra smacking a couple of away goals past a makeshift defense would've been lovely.