Page 1 of 147 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Satan's Club

Default Satan's Club

Believe it or not there is no Man U thread (other than the games) on here which seems weird when you consider they have t-shirts for Hysel and our natural distate for them and all things plastic/prawny.

Anyway, Gary Neville (God Ill miss him when his playing days are over.....which hopefully will be real soon) appears to be ****ting himself incase Liverpool win the league this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Liverpool.html

In other more entertaining news Rio Ferdinand has spoken out about the WAG's situation claiming it made the English national set up 'a circus'.
    I’m absolutely 110% sure the fact that Rio appears to be the only England player without a WAG has absolutely nothing to do with his comments.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...2010qualifiers
    "obviously not real scousers then"

Default Re: Satans Club The Red Devils

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Believe it or not there is no Man U thread (other than the games) on here which seems weird when you consider they have t-shirts for Hysel and our natural distate for them and all things plastic/prawny.
    I don't think it's weird at all! Why should there be? Everton is one thing but a dedicated thread for this lot imo is just wrong!

I've moved this to the Domestic Competitions forum so please carry on there (here) if you guys like.

STL, mate - you weren't kidding when you said you were bored this week!
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    I don't think it's weird at all! Why should there be? Everton is one thing but a dedicated thread for this lot imo is just wrong!

I've moved this to the Domestic Competitions forum so please carry on there (here) if you guys like.

I know the best thing is to not post in the thread but I completely with Connie, they are obsessed with us because they know they cant to be us. I would never want to be a manc so I have no need to talk to/ or discuss them.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Default Re: Satan's Club The Red Devils

a fewpoints;
    firstly its fun to poke fun at them
    secondly they are the champions and as Sun Tzu said "Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be defeated. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself your chances of victory are equal. If ignorant of both the enemy and yourself you are sure to be defeated in every battle".
    Lastly, its a slow week and have I mentioned its fun to poke at them?

It makes sense to have a thread for every club we are interested in talking about. We have one for Chelsea and one for Everton; I think it would be a good idea to have a dedicated section of the forum for such threads.
    I don't like the title of this particular thread though.
    YNWA
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgrounder View Post
    It makes sense to have a thread for every club we are interested in talking about. We have one for Chelsea and one for Everton; I think it would be a good idea to have a dedicated section of the forum for such threads.
    I don't like the title of this particular thread though.
    Always the diplomat...

Fair enough and no desire to squelch conversation per se - I just try to ignore them to extent possible so was just being grouchy. I admit they skeeve me out.

But since the thread has been started, I was just thinking to myself this morning how relatively hype-free they've been considering their accomplishments last season. I mean after 1999 you couldn't hear the end of it. Despite doing the double (and I won't go into how spawny the achievement might have been), the media and even their fans have been kind of quiet? I know *we* don't care (or pretend we don't) but it sort of feels like no one else is particularly bothered either!

Which is great!
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Always the diplomat...

But since the thread has been started, I was just thinking to myself this morning how relatively hype-free they've been considering their accomplishments last season. I mean after 1999 you couldn't hear the end of it. Despite doing the double (and I won't go into how spawny the achievement might have been), the media and even their fans have been kind of quiet? I know *we* don't care (or pretend we don't) but it sort of feels like no one else is particularly bothered either!

Which is great!
    A very good point.
    I dont know if this is true or not but apparently the packaging of the food and beverages at Cold Trafford were updated for this year to reflect their achievements last season. Has anyone else heard this?
    The dark humour of fans munching on a 'champions prawn sandwich' is not lost on me.

Default Re: let's leave HIs Infernal Majesty out of this one.

It is true that it must be the lowest-key Premiership + Champions League double ever. Perhaps the English domination of the CL this year made that competition seem less exotic? If you only play Chelsea in the final, it might as well be the League Cup?
    YNWA
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Perhaps the low-key celebrating of the Champion's League triumph is due to the fact that EVERYONE KNOWS Chelsea were by far the better team on the night, and that the manc's spawny luck-gods (or perhaps his Infernal Majesty himself? ) were working overtime to bring the "triumph" off.

Incidently, I'm surprised at the opposition to the title..... that is PRECISELY the right one!

Surely you've all heard of the legend of Scottish Alex?... Originally told by Celtic fans, but eagerly adopted by Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City fans...

Seems there was once a fairly ordinary, mediocre footballer called Alex. Who played for Rangers (briefly) at the peak of his career, but who on retirement had achieved little. And who was furiously, bitterly angry about it.

So he went to the Devil and offered to sell his soul if he could have fabulous success as a Manager. And the Devil agreed to the deal.

First Alex unbelievably smashed the virtually permanent dominance of Scoottish Football by the Glasgow "Old Firm" clubs with a little team from the unregarded fishing port of Aberdeen.

Then he took command of Satan's own team, who have always worn Satan's device on their shirts. And with the Devil now taking a personal interest, the "Damned Devil's Own" swept all before them.

You scoff? Well, look at some of the freak decisions and freak matches that have gone their way over the years!!!.......

0-1 down in injury time to a German team in the 1999 Champions League Final, and they sneak in two spawny goals before the final whistle........

1-1 in the 1999 FA Cup against Arsenal.... Of all people, Berkamp misses a penalty before Giggs walks through the entire Arse team to score an unbelievable goal!.........

John Terry just needs to score a penalty to win the 2008 CL Final... he hits the post!..........

Look at the number of penalties that have been awarded against them at Old Trafford throughout Ferguson's reign (hardly any!)........

A Tottenham shot is clawed back when clearly well inside the manc goal and the ref waves play on....

And so on, and so on.........

I tell you, the legend of Scottish Alex being true would certainly explain a hell (pun intended! ) of a lot!!!

Hmmm.......

Little noise because perhaps they are becoming accustomed to winning, and perhaps because there is plenty more to come.

They were worthy league winners, even though fortunate in the Champions League final, but we can't really argue about that can we?

A thread about United?

And we say they only sing about us?

F*ck United..............

And lock this thread.