Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,519 of 1519

Thread: Satan's Club

Default Re: Satan's Club

Not that I want to help them, but they really need a director of football to sort out the long-term strategy. Rio Ferdinand would be my choice; he seems far-sighted and not prone to rash statements.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    …he seems far-sighted and not prone to rash statements.

Not that I want to help them, but they really need a director of football to sort out the long-term strategy. Rio Ferdinand would be my choice; he seems far-sighted and not prone to rash statements.
    No problem, that won't help them. United's problem can't be solved by hiring a new manager or director of football. There was a story in The Athletic about the New York Knicks basketball team. A former colleague was asked if the Knicks newly-hired coach was any good.

"When David Fizdale took the Knicks job in May of 2018 a lot of people I knew in the New York area contacted to me ask whether Fizdale was a good coach. (Full disclosure: Fizdale coached the Grizzlies in 2016-17 and the early part of 2017-18 when I worked there as executive VP of Basketball Operations.)

My response to them was always the same: Does it matter? This is the Knicks."

It will make no difference who they hire as Liverpool will out-owner them from now until the end of time. Fire Ole. Give him four more years. Re-hire Mourinho. Hire Pochettino or Nuno. Makes no difference. The Glazers are a guarantee of crap football and profitability.

[Paywall] https://theathletic.com/1439974/2019...-they-do-will/
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

I assume this was the 'rent-boy' chant, but I love the irony of Chelsea accusing any other team of racist/homophobic behaviour. Worst top-flight fans in my experience, bar none.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Yep. Absolutely the worst.

I assume this was the 'rent-boy' chant, but I love the irony of Chelsea accusing any other team of racist/homophobic behaviour. Worst top-flight fans in my experience, bar none.
    I only see the games on the Internet so I don't have an informed opinion on the subject. It's hard to distinguish between sets of fans when everyone is about an inch and a half tall.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Well, Chelsea fans are also the shortest.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

I’ve had the privilege of being at the Bridge twice for our lot and once in the ‘90s in the home end for, umm, United/Chelsea of all games (Beckham scored a memorable goal with a pile driver from the edge of the box). I’ve been to Anfield twice for Chelsea games. And obviously you get talking to other fans.

Based on my experiences, and those related to me by others, I have ZERO doubt, zero, that they are the worst. Two friends of mine are CFC fans and they will both admit the same.

Well, Chelsea fans are also the shortest.
    Well they'll be unhappy to hear that Kanté was apparently hurt by a kidnapper according to the Echo:

"Chelsea star N’Golo Kante could miss out on facing Liverpool at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup after reportedly suffering a ‘Grade 2’ tear. [Snip] According to L’Equipe, a scan has revealed the midfielder has suffered an abductor injury - meaning he could be out for three weeks."