Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

  1. #1
    Melwood Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13

    Default MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Not a lot of activity in the USA football section. LOL. Understandable considering the fact that MLS is extremely boring to watch on TV. I blame the enthusiasm of the fans in the stands, or the lack thereof.

    I'm mildly interested in the first franchise in Philly. I live about 2 1/2 hours away and will at least give them a shot when they start playing in 2010. I can't imagine that the atmosphere will come close to premier league games.

  2. #2
    Kop Hero birkenheadred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Higher Bebington, Wirral, Merseyside
    Posts
    3,633

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by barkmg View Post
    Not a lot of activity in the USA football section. LOL. Understandable considering the fact that MLS is extremely boring to watch on TV. I blame the enthusiasm of the fans in the stands, or the lack thereof.

    I'm mildly interested in the first franchise in Philly. I live about 2 1/2 hours away and will at least give them a shot when they start playing in 2010. I can't imagine that the atmosphere will come close to premier league games.
    I bet thats only round the corner for you....

    It would seem like the other end of the world to me...lol

    the MLS does have some good game atmospheres, especially Toronto they have a very loud almost european like crowd....
    "I will leave no stone unturned in my quest, that quest will be "RENTLESS" in putting liverpool back on the map as a successful football club; "BRENDAN RODGERS".

  3. #3
    1st Team Regular Barkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    You should feel optomistic about the Sons of Ben supporters group for the upcoming Philly MLS team in 2010. They have proven themselves to be rabid supporters and you don't even have a team on the pitch yet.

    I support DC United and the SOB's brought about two hundred supporters to our match against Colorado last Saturday night in DC. Pretty amazing. The Barra Brava (DC supporters group) is already salivating over the prospect of the looming rivalry with some great fans up in Philadelphia. They appear to be the real deal.

    Think positive.

  4. #4
    Anfield Sub
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    the SOB are actually a pretty impressive group. there wouldn't be a team in Philly(chester) if they were not around. I took a bus trip with them up to see the US/ ARG game and we had around 5 busses I think. Also they are getting their own section away form everyone else in the new stadium when it is built. As a couple of months ago the stadium was 1/4 full of season tickets. I thought I read somewhere that that was more than Seatle at the same time period. Should be some interesting rivalries with the rest of the North east teams especially DC and NE

    Here is the link for what the new stadium will look like:
    New Philly Stadium

  5. #5
    Melwood Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
    You should feel optomistic about the Sons of Ben supporters group for the upcoming Philly MLS team in 2010. They have proven themselves to be rabid supporters and you don't even have a team on the pitch yet.

    I support DC United and the SOB's brought about two hundred supporters to our match against Colorado last Saturday night in DC. Pretty amazing. The Barra Brava (DC supporters group) is already salivating over the prospect of the looming rivalry with some great fans up in Philadelphia. They appear to be the real deal.

    Think positive.
    Yes, very optimistic about Sons of Ben supporters group. I'm on their email list and I'm sure once I take a trip with them or once the season gets closer I'll be excited for sure.

  6. #6
    Melwood Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmat17 View Post
    the SOB are actually a pretty impressive group. there wouldn't be a team in Philly(chester) if they were not around. I took a bus trip with them up to see the US/ ARG game and we had around 5 busses I think. Also they are getting their own section away form everyone else in the new stadium when it is built. As a couple of months ago the stadium was 1/4 full of season tickets. I thought I read somewhere that that was more than Seatle at the same time period. Should be some interesting rivalries with the rest of the North east teams especially DC and NE

    Here is the link for what the new stadium will look like:
    New Philly Stadium
    I think it's great that the stadium isn't in the heart of Philadelphia. It's going to be a little easier to get to I think.

  7. #7
    Kop Hero birkenheadred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Higher Bebington, Wirral, Merseyside
    Posts
    3,633

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmat17 View Post
    the SOB are actually a pretty impressive group. there wouldn't be a team in Philly(chester) if they were not around. I took a bus trip with them up to see the US/ ARG game and we had around 5 busses I think. Also they are getting their own section away form everyone else in the new stadium when it is built. As a couple of months ago the stadium was 1/4 full of season tickets. I thought I read somewhere that that was more than Seatle at the same time period. Should be some interesting rivalries with the rest of the North east teams especially DC and NE

    Here is the link for what the new stadium will look like:
    New Philly Stadium
    This stadium looks very impresive....whats the cost of the new stadium and what will its capacity be.....i have tried looking for the info but can't find it...and will philly fill the stadium for its MLS games..
    "I will leave no stone unturned in my quest, that quest will be "RENTLESS" in putting liverpool back on the map as a successful football club; "BRENDAN RODGERS".

  8. #8
    Anfield Sub
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Around 18K-20K for the attendance. Not sure the cost of it. You can go to the Philly inquire and do a search.

  9. #9
    Kop Legend Delaware Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Didsbury, England
    Posts
    7,354

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmat17 View Post
    Around 18K-20K for the attendance. Not sure the cost of it. You can go to the Philly inquire and do a search.
    Have they told you when they want me to report for training Ryan?

    I'm only playing if the post game drinking pub is Fado's.....

  10. #10
    Kop Hero Scouse Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,085

    Default Re: MLS in Philadelphia 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Delaware Red View Post
    Have they told you when they want me to report for training Ryan?

    I'm only playing if the post game drinking pub is Fado's.....
    Have you forgotten you're 30 now?
    Liverpool is the capital of itself

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •