Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: New to LFCNY? Introduce Yourself.

1st Team Regular

Default Re: New to LFCNY? Introduce Yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Hey, welcome NJ Red. Mulligan's in Hoboken was always a good footie pub, but not LFC centric or exclusive. 'Fraid you might have to continue to enlarge the coffers of EZ Pass or PATH if you want your real LFC fix.
    Thank you! Not expecting to find something comparable to 11th St as far as the LFC supporters go, but at least a decent footy pub, with a fair amount of knowledgeable fans would make the game day experience a lot more enjoyable

Melwood Apprentice

Hello all! Just wanted to drop by and say Hello! Grew up as a kid watching King Kenny but lost touch with watching LFC games until the World Cup where my passion was reignited! Work in NYC and live near Somerset, NJ. I didn't know about this club until recently when a friend of mine told me about it. I will going to the game at Baltimore tomorrow and I hope to meet some of you since I bought my one ticket from LFCNY.

JOhn
    YNWA

Melwood Apprentice

Hey everyone, my name is Dan and I live over on Long Island. I just went to my first Liverpool game in Baltimore and the LFC club there was fantastic. I didn't know LFCNY existed until I saw some guys with a giant banner outside the No Idea Tavern. I'd love to make the trip to the 11th street location, but if there are any Reds fans out on the island I'd love to hear from them too. I don't know too many people that like soccer in general, let alone Liverpool, so it would be nice to hear from some fellow fans.

1st Team Regular

Sorry guys if this is the wrong place to ask this, but as I'm new here, is there a way to make the forum it's own window? Does that make sense? So I am not scrolling on the LFCNY page with a separate scroll for the forum window? Gets me a bit out of sorts, not that that is hard to do

Administrator

1st Team Regular

Thank you! This is much better

Melwood Apprentice

Hi, my names's Ben. I'm originally from England but moved to the States to be with my wife. I've been living in glamorous Newark now since 2009.

When I was in England I didn't get a chance to see many Liverpool games. I'm originally from London (yeah, I was a 'glory hunter' as a kid!) and would see them when they would play West Ham United (my brother's team) but I only got to go to Anfield a couple of times.

The most memorable time was seeing them play Leeds. On the way back home Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman were on the same train (I think they were going to some awards ceremony). I didn't have the guts to go up to them, being a shy 14-year-old, but Macca almost spilled a drink in my lap. Somehow, despite tripping, he managed to keep a hold of his drink. Ah, what lightning reflexes.

Melwood Apprentice

Not new, joined last time I visited NY.
    Back in NY this week, and wondering if anyone knows what time the 11th Street Bar will open on Sunday.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Not new, joined last time I visited NY.
    Back in NY this week, and wondering if anyone knows what time the 11th Street Bar will open on Sunday.
    Thanks in advance.
    Early....I would aim to be there 30m before kick off...

"Well, so what, What's wrong with being sexy? I mean, there's nothing wrong with that". Nigel Tufnel

Melwood Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by suspiria View Post
    Early....I would aim to be there 30m before kick off...
    Thanks.
    Early it is then.