Thread: Watch Liverpool online live and free!

Default Watch Liverpool online live and free!

Why listen to a crappy audio connection through LFC.TV? why pay the monthly randsom to Murdoch? who wouldn't want to watch games live, even the 3pm kick offs not televised...

This works, if you have broadband you can watch all Liverpool games live (and all other premiership games) over your PC. The pic isn't exactly HD but 9 times out of ten you can get a decent stream with the full sky coverage from ESPN Hong Kong, etc.

Go to www.sopcast.org and download their player. Now go to;

http://freefootballforum.com/index.php?action=realhome

this has a full list of matches on and a full user guide. There are a few other players you can download but I've been experimenting with on my sabbatical and it does just fine!

I thought I'd come back with a bang! if this doesn't get me forumite of the year, nothing will!

Els

Ps. if you can bear it, you can test this with the Chelski game later.... if anyone has any questions paste 'em up and i'll do my best to solve them

Quote Originally Posted by Els View Post
    Why listen to a crappy audio connection through LFC.TV? why pay the monthly randsom to Murdoch? who wouldn't want to watch games live, even the 3pm kick offs not televised...

This works, if you have broadband you can watch all Liverpool games live (and all other premiership games) over your PC. The pic isn't exactly HD but 9 times out of ten you can get a decent stream with the full sky coverage from ESPN Hong Kong, etc.

Go to www.sopcast.org and download their player. Now go to;

http://freefootballforum.com/index.php?action=realhome

this has a full list of matches on and a full user guide. There are a few other players you can download but I've been experimenting with on my sabbatical and it does just fine!

I thought I'd come back with a bang! if this doesn't get me forumite of the year, nothing will!

Els

Ps. if you can bear it, you can test this with the Chelski game later.... if anyone has any questions paste 'em up and i'll do my best to solve them
    Els, i'm a mac user, I don't see anything that would suggest that this can work on my computer, any suggestion where i can get a link where i can watch the games.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Quote Originally Posted by Nomer the Red View Post
    Els, i'm a mac user, I don't see anything that would suggest that this can work on my computer, any suggestion where i can get a link where i can watch the games.
    Easy solution? get a PC

I think you can download something called "bootcamp" (or parallel desktop) which is a windows emulator for the Mac, you should be able to use Sopcast then?

I'll keep looking into other options.

Els

site with fixture listings with constant updating on matchdays and noted sites with english commentary. for luddites, once apps installed, easier to get to matches via clickable links listed by fixtures.

disclosure: i have never used these sites. rather this is simply a purely academic survey of the intersection of technology, sports, media, and the law.

ELS that's what i told nomer... enough of the swank sexy macs. hahahahha

Nice link islandRED! I'm particularly looking forward to watching the chinese chess league later on...

Re the law on these? I don't think that there is any issue here as these channels covering the games are freely available on the internet, the fact that the internet is world wide...

For people who are gonna give Sopcast, etc. a go, I must stress that these obviously don't compare to being there or watching it on TV! But if you are stuck or the game is not on live then is sure beats listening on ye olde wireless

Els

Nice link islandRED! I'm particularly looking forward to watching the chinese chess league later on...

Re the law on these? I don't think that there is any issue here as these channels covering the games are freely available on the internet, the fact that the internet is world wide...

For people who are gonna give Sopcast, etc. a go, I must stress that these obviously don't compare to being there or watching it on TV! But if you are stuck or the game is not on live then is sure beats listening on ye olde wireless

Els

not sure of the legalities... but this is AMERICA + i'm an IMMIGRANT therefore i must wave the FLAG, love the MILITARY, curtail my SPEECH, and most importantly never ask "why?".

1st Team Regular RED CARD

Quote Originally Posted by islandRED View Post
    not sure of the legalities... but this is AMERICA + i'm an IMMIGRANT therefore i must wave the FLAG, love the MILITARY, curtail my SPEECH, and most importantly never ask "why?".

Haha Red. That is, after all, what America is all about isn't it?

Question - for you guys using the P2P stuff, are you doing this at work? Does it cause problems (have you been "busted" by IT for hogging bandwidth)? Downloading apps, as you can imagine, is frowned upon but I'm a little desperate as the streaming site I'd been using since the World Cup got pulled down at the beginning of the year... They carried everything (in English; Sky/BBC/ITV broadcasts), even our preseason friendlies!
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    Question - for you guys using the P2P stuff, are you doing this at work? Does it cause problems (have you been "busted" by IT for hogging bandwidth)? Downloading apps, as you can imagine, is frowned upon but I'm a little desperate as the streaming site I'd been using since the World Cup got pulled down at the beginning of the year... They carried everything (in English; Sky/BBC/ITV broadcasts), even our preseason friendlies!
    No idea Connie, I'm work at a bank and am too scared to even look at this website more than once in a blue moon! Kick offs are rarely during work time anyway so I'd have no need so can't help you, sorry

I'd be interested to know the site you were using tho!

Els

I'd be interested to know the site you were using tho!

Els
    Was called Free Live Footy - honestly was very spoiled by it. Everything done through Winamp streams, none of this other palaver. Think it was run by some kids with their own dishes who streamed the stuff themselves. Quality was excellent. It was a minor miracle I got any work done last June/July during the WC. Spent many afternoons during this season watching games as well.

God I miss it!
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)